Pace of Play - Expectations
The pace of play is a very important issue at Stow Acres Country Club. We take it very seriously and we expect our customers to do the same. We will make a sincere and consistent effort to facilitate playing your round of golf at Stow Acres in 4.5 hours or less seven days a week. We thank you in advance for your cooperation with our pace of play staff and our program. We have instituted a variety of measures to monitor and control the pace of play.
- Our tee time intervals are set at 9 or 10-minute tee time intervals (depending on the day/time of the week). This will reduce the number of players on the golf course and provide spacing between each group as they leave the 1st tee.
- Our expectation is no more than 4.5 hours for 18-holes of golf.
- Our goal is to have every player understand our expectation before they get onto the golf course.
- Player Assistants will be on the course to help groups struggling to keep pace. Should a group fall behind pace, our Player Assistants will offer to help them catch up by serving as a "group caddie" for a hole or two. Please allow them to spot balls, rake traps, and assist in any way necessary to help close the gap.
- Wooded areas are cleaned to the floor wherever possible to allow players to find and play their ball in a timely fashion.
- Our starter will accurately track the actual tee-off times of each group in order to help the player assistants identify slow-moving groups.
- Our starter provides each group with important information and directions regarding the course before they go to the first tee, and tries to ensure guests play the proper tees for their ability and are ready to play the wonderful game of golf!